What is the British Slovak Business Centre?
The British Slovak Business Centre (BSBC), opened on 5 March 2014 by Lord Livingston, Minster of State for Trade and Investment, is poised to strengthen business and trade relations between Slovakia and the UK. Proud to Support Business is GREAT and the BCCSR helps connect British businesses to Slovak business opportunities. The BSBC provides a networking hub and business centre facilities from which British businesses can build upon local relationships to gain a stronger foothold in the market or maintain previously established connections.
The BSBC offers attractive subsidised rates for its services to both local and British businesses and boasts an exceptional venue for seminars, training programmes and meetings, including a boardroom and a workshop space. Business people visiting Bratislava, Slovakia will have access to personalised local market guidance, hot-desking facilities, and much more.
The Business Centre staff is trained to supply introductions to key companies and players in Slovakia, assist British businesses obtain vital information, and provide ongoing assistance to foreign businesses. This includes market entry strategies, start-up support, promotion and outreach, mentoring and overseas market introduction service (OMIS) reporting.
The mission of the BSBC is to:
- Be an open meeting place for British and Slovak companies
- Provide access to information and advisors capable of guiding companies through export or investment plans
- Offer meeting rooms, work stations and other networking tools
- Focus all aspects of UK trade under the British flag and promote awareness of UK trade and commerce
- Organise networking events, programmes and webinars to encourage the creation of profitable relationships
- Unite British companies and enhance British connections within Slovakia
What We Have to Offer
The BSBC has worked hard to establish representative office facilities and services for the use and benefit of British and Slovak businesses. The BSBC has plenty to offer both local and foreign businesses, with services customised to fit an extensive range of needs. The benefits of working with the British Slovak Business Centre are diverse and extensive, and include but are not limited to:
- An open-plan, collaborative environment
- State of the art facilities for meetings, seminars and training
- Support staff to help focus on the needs of small and medium-sized businesses and offer Slovak market guidance
- Competitively priced services and facilities
- Flexible agreements based around your needs
- Additional consulting services from B2B network
- Conveniently located in the centre of Bratislava Old Town
One of the greatest assets that the British Slovak Business Centre will have to offer is the provision of extensive services for UK businesses, both abroad and visiting. The BSBC has an array of services available to match various needs, including market support, tailored advisory services, one-to-one mentoring, event planning assistance, start-up support, and more. Read more on the Services tab.
Proud to Support Business is Great
There could not be a stronger team in place to facilitate British business in Slovakia: a partnership of Business is Great, the British Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic (BCCSR) and the British Embassy in Slovakia. Funding provided by "Business is GREAT" will ensure an effective infrastructure to capitalise on entrepreneurial opportunity in Slovakia. The efforts of UKTI and the British Embassy - and subsequently the British Slovak Business Centre - demonstrate sincere optimism in the potential of fostering British-Slovak business relations.
The Board and membership base of the BCCSR are comprised of UK nationals who are based in Slovakia as well as Slovak nationals who have a natural affinity for and business connections to the UK. The British Slovak Business Centre will bring the BCCSR a new means of promoting UK trade and investment.